Wednesday, October 20, 2010

love...

well this week has beeeen crazy. so much studying and so many art projects and not enough time with the Lord. i have felt so dry lately. I'm just so thankful that the Lord is SO faithful to love me even though i am SO faithful to neglect him. why do i think i can get through the day without him? i try again and again just to suck each day i am not dwelling in his presence. you would think i would eventually learn.. but NOPE. ughhh.

lately love has been on my mind.
all kinds of love.
the unconditional kind.
the giddy kind.
the good kind.
the hard kind.
the rare kind.
the shallow kind.
the fickle kind.
the pretend kind.

all the different types, and what each type of love really is. sometimes i feel like i know what love is but when i think about the way the Lord loves i then come to realize i don't even know if i can actually fathom love. or if i have ever truly experienced love outside the Lord. No one knows me like him and loves me all the more. No one. agape is the type of love i don't understand. i may never be able to fathom it or extend it to someone but i know that i am, personally, beyond thankful for it. and thankful God is God and i am not. i cant love the way the Lord loves but i can strive to every single day. i feel like that is my ultimate purpose. if i can extend love to the lonely, loveless, and unlovable then i will be doing a fraction of what Christ did for me and that is my calling.

Love is blind.

I want to love blindly and bright eyed.

actively and selflessly.

continuously and intentionally.

with perseverance and endurance.

with excitement and anxiety.

ahhh. this is the kind of love i crave to give and receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment